Thursday, June 11, 2009

hello

i know i've been MIA for a couple of days but know that it's not been out of a lack of productivity...on the contrary, things have been moving at a hot-n-heavy clip as i finalize everything for monday's installation. i figure i'm about 80% complete with the final twelve foot painting and, as it stands right now, i think it's clearly one of my more carefully conceived and executed efforts in quite some time. that's not to say it hasn't been a tumultuous process, but i think in the end, i will be quite pleased with the final product. hopefully someone else will agree and drop some cash in my dirty paws.

in the meantime (in lieu of something artsy), i thought i'd post two images from my recent retreat to vancouver... i consumed the fantastic japanese hot dog while watching the bird eat his freshly captured eel.


2 comments:

Joel Nelson said...

David, Joel here. I went to the sunset tavern tonite and upon d'Arcy's request, brought cake and ice cream for you. I found a bunch of drunks watching Kung fu grindhouse. I feel that I have missed something. Can you please help clarify?

d'Arcy Montague said...

That bird looks like you somehow. :)