Saturday, March 21, 2009

SLEEPING UNDER THE CURSE.


i'm trying to kill myself in my sleep.
slowly.

i've just figured it out after another extremely difficult night of arduous twisting and turning and waking multiple times. for the last few months, at least once per night, i will struggle awake with my forearm pressed firmly into my face completely covering up both of my breathing holes. other times i find myself desperately gasping for air from an inherited case of apnea (a sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing during sleep. each episode, called an apnea lasts long enough so that one or more breaths are missed, and such episodes occur repeatedly throughout sleep.)
The interesting thing is that i started noticing this significant sleep disruption the day after christmas...the very day my 86-day (and counting) brain fog set in. december 26 is also the same day i decided to move my bed from one room in my apartment to another more 'logical' location in what had previously been my art studio. i also hung the 2007 shamanic drawing- 'curse, the medicine' -above my bed that day.

what does this all mean? is it just an uncanny string of odd coincidences? or is it possible i just might be sleeping under a curse of my own making that has been triggered to life by its hanging in this room...?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

identity fraud?!

d'Arcy Montague said...
This comment has been removed by the author.